Thank you for giving picogolf a look! It is a simple homage to the golf games of the 90's. It is made using the wonderful PICO-8 fantasy console in July and August 2020.
picogolf (currently) contains a single 9 hole course featuring a range of par 3, 4 and 5 holes. There are no settings, nothing gets saved, if you wanna play again, just reload the page.
Everything is controlled using the arrow keys and the Z and X keys.
- left and right to aim
- hold up to zoom out
- press down to cycle through clubs
- press X to cycle view modes between close up aim, distant aim, whole course and pin
- press Z to start your shot
while preparing a shot...
- press X to cancel if you haven't already started a shot
- press Z to start your swing
- press Z to indicate the power of your shot
- press Z again to to set your shot accuracy, aim to be as close to the green marker as possible
- left and right to steer
- hold Z or up to accelarate
- hold down to brake
- park up near the ball to take another shot
- Always look out for the wind indicator, this will affect any shots hit into the air.
- The number range to the bottom left of the screen indicates how well you might hit the ball. For example using a driver while in the bunker shows 20-100%. This means you could hit anything between 20% and 100% of your indicated power, so don't rely on it! Cycle through your clubs to see what your best option is.
- The game will try to automatically select a suitable club, but it might not be the best one for you so give them all a go.
- Hitting a ball into water or too fair away from the course will add a penalty stroke and reset your ball.
I would love to add more courses but I've just about hit the limit of what I can code (Pico-8 limits the amount of code 'tokens' you're allowed to use). I would also like to add both local and online multiplayer. I've got a few other ideas, but I might have to save that for a different game engine.
- 1.1.0Aug 19, 2020
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.